The Virgin Mary, Mediatrix of All Graces
About the book
The Mariology of the 20th century got a decisive stimulus by the movement for the dogmatic definition of Mary’s social function as “Mediatrix of all Graces.” Gloria Falcão Dodd gives a synthetic, historical overview of the development from 1896 until the proclamation of the Marian chapter of “Lumen gentium” in 1964. She also analyzes the theological arguments for and against the dogmatic definition. Her very useful work is indispensable for anyone who wants to receive the most recent basic information about the most disputed topic of modern Mariology.
- Rev. Dr. Manfred Hauke
This book contains
- A comprehensive account of the history of the Marian Movement to define the doctrine of Marian Mediation
- The Marian teachings of Cardinal Desire-Joseph Mercier (1851-1926)
- The Movement towards Second Vatican Council
- The Marian teachings of Vatican Council, Lumen Gentium
- Analysis of Arguments in favor and against the movement for Marian Mediation
This book is good for...
- Scholarly studies on the history of Marian Mediation
- Marian sodalities and confraternities in their formation studies
- Symposia on Mary and her prerogatives
- Academic dissertations with its abundant bibliographies